Just in time for summer, we’re excited to announce our latest public route…Los Angeles to San Diego!
Like our friend Shamu, Zimride is set to make a splash in SD, where over 9.3 million Southern California residents visit by car annually. That’s a whole lot of cars on the road. With this new route Zimride gives residents a way to save (or make!) gas money, meet new friends, and decrease the number of cars on the road contributing to that famous LA traffic. And fewer cars also means less environmental impact on the sunny local beaches; just another reason to book a seat on the route.
In the meantime, just for fun, here are five cool things to do on the ride from LA to SD:
1. Eat at In-N-Out Burger. This SoCal mainstay has a ton of locations along the route, and luckily, Zimride is giving away $5 gift certificates to our first 500 drivers and passengers who complete a ride along the route!*
2. Stop in San Clemente to hike to Trestles, a world-famous surf spot tucked away on the other side of the railroad tracks.
3. Keep an eye out for two huge domes on your right. The San Onofre nuclear power plant serves as an unofficial halfway marker.
4. Shop at the Carlsbad outlets – you’ve saved some cash, so you deserve it!
5. Enjoy the scenery. North County boasts some of the most beautiful beaches in the country…just don’t get sidetracked at the Del Mar horse races.
Stay classy, San Diego. And stay tuned for more exciting announcements coming from Zimride soon!
Your Zimride Crew
*Zimride is not affiliated with In-N-Out, but we love their burgers!