Imagine a world where you are passionate about your job, you look forward to seeing your colleagues, your opinions are heard, and your actions contribute to a greater good. Imagine a world where you wake up and enjoy to going to work everyday. A world where you actually LOVE your job.
I hear the voice in your head saying that a job like this could never be possible… Or could it?
I was the person who, no matter what I did, slumped into a dark state of depression every Sunday afternoon, knowing I had another full week ahead of me. I, along with most of the American workforce, took too few vacation days, worked too many hours, and felt unappreciated at work. I ended up hating my job… until Zimride saved me.
Okay, that may be a bit dramatic, but Zimride has transformed my perception of how great a workplace can actually be. I still can’t sleep at night, but it’s no longer because I’m anxious and stressed about having to go to work the next morning. Instead, it’s because I have so many thoughts and ideas racing through my mind about our product, our team, our users, and our vision. Zimride embodies the dynamic, social, and green program we promote.
Here are a few more reasons why Zimride rocks:
1. My co-workers, AKA my Zimfam, embrace discussion and are open to change. We feel passionate about community-powered transportation.
2. We provide a social networking site for ridematching. Needless to say, our group is extremely social together. We don’t make a beeline for the exit at 4:59 PM.
3. We take the hipster approach to the transportation industry: We turn something uncool (carpooling) into something cool (Zimride).
4. Zimride embraces a healthy and comfortable work environment. Casual dress code, yoga mats for stretching, hula hoops for core, and a team run once in a while!
5. Zimmies think outside the box. We can’t make carpooling cool with a conventional approach.
7. We believe it’s normal to work with a cardboard cutout of Justin Bieber next to our desk while Michael Jackson blasts on our office speakers.
8. Three words: Unlimited vacation days. Since we don’t track your extra hours on nights and weekends, we won’t track your vacation time either. 🙂 Instead we focus purely on results and productivity!
9. Our office is fit for fun. We have toys galore: soccer equipment, a basketball hoop, foursquare and foosball.
10. Zimmies are dynamic thinkers with diverse backgrounds. Learning is central to our work. You’re guaranteed to soak up something new every day!
11. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our Zimwall of Awesome includes funny quotes and pictures from our partners, users, and each other.
12. The Zimride team is driven (no pun intended) to make the world a better place.
I can thank Zimride for introducing me to a world of fun at work, but I’ve learned more than how to create a fun place to work. Life is short. Have fun. Work hard. Stay curious. Try new things. Prove people wrong when they say it can’t be done. Laugh at yourself when you make mistakes. And, of course, meet new people, because we’ve learned from over 350,000 Zimriders that life really is better when you share a ride!
Zimride is hiring! Visit our Jobs page for more information.